|Quotes Due By
||14 Dec 2021
||Griffith Uni - L07 Active Learning
||68 University Drive, Meadowbrook QLD 4131
||$1m - $1.5m
||Fraser Downes (email@example.com)
A key Goal of the Griffith University Academic Plan states: ‘Our Students will have a high-quality University experience’. In support of this goal, the University has a requirement to provide a student-centred active learning experience that is supported by technology.
By way of delivery, the University plans to increase the number of learning environments available to students that are:
• support a range of innovative pedagogies
• encourage students to come together to explore ideas and innovations
Creation of an Active Learning and Collaboration Space by combining Rooms 3.06, 3.06A, 3.06B, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10 and
3.11. The Space shall cater for larger group bookings up to approximately 120 people in a variety of configurations. The Space is to accommodate flexibility for large single groups and multiple smaller workgroups, whilst maintaining access to presentations, teaching, learning aids, utilising both electronic and non-electronic formats.
As detailed within Tender Set Key Plan.
Located on Griffith University Logan Campus, approximately 22km southwest of Brisbane.
Fitout area as indicated within the red line. 3.11A is an external walkway not inclusive of the Fitout area. L07 is a central building linked to both L03 and L05 on opposite sides of the building.
Level 3 is the first floor above ground, with open space under and utilised for access throughout the Campus. There are other levels above utilised as teaching spaces. L07 is connected by way of Lifts to both sides of the tenancy from L03 and L05 and also a stairwell.
The project will provide
• A modern teaching space, maximising flexibility of learning options
• The ability to engage with up to 160 students within a Seminar Layout
• An audio-visual system designed to support a flexible way to collaborate, share and present content for various groups and numbers of participants.
• An upgrade of the Mechanical AHU, and subsequent system in line with the new layout
The scope of this Contract is all building works associated delivery of the Active Learning space, in consideration of the requirements within this PPR
The primary works area in building L07 includes rooms 3.02, 3.02A through 3.02E, 3.03 and AHU3.02C plantroom. Associated works including demolition and makegood extend into the adjacent Academic 1 building L06 and Information services building L03. Delivery to site will require coordination with the builder and staging works from within the common publicly accessible areas.
Key requirements for coordination and critical University functions include;
• The booking of the space, which is currently for the Programmed works from January to Late April 2022
• Exam Periods
• Noisy Works
• Isolation of Services
• Traffic Control and Safety of all users
PART B Project Scope of Works
Griffith University’s expectation regarding deliverables by the AV Installation Contractor.
The inclusion of the Audio Visual package within this Teaching Space is a critical component to its use. Subsequently, the Audio Visual design becomes integral to the overall layout. This demands engagement of an appropriate Audio Visual Specialists to deliver design, oversee installation and final commissioning of the package to ensure a successful delivery of the project
Tenderer to provide a one-page summary of relevant previous project experience and performance.
The AV installation contractor must be a specialist and experienced in AV . The recommended minimum qualifications and experience for the key project personnel of any proposed AV Installation Contractor should be:
• An AVIXA CTS-I qualification with minimum one year of relevant experience including a portfolio demonstrating previous AV installations by the nominated personnel. Two written client references are required for validation purposes, or
• Three years of intensive and relevant experience with AV installations, with a portfolio demonstrating previous AV installations by the nominated personnel. Two written client references are required for validation purposes.
• Projector Mounting Kits are custom made for Griffith University Projects. Builder to source from the following supplier;
o Supplier 2UAV
o Contact Roland Wouters
o Mobile 0412 533 833
o Email Rolan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Mechanical - as per the Specifications document and related Tender Set
Electrical – as per the Specifications document and related Tender Set
Structural – Tender Set to be distributed as an addendum Acoustics:
An Acoustic Design has been incorporated within the Design Package, and associated construction methods and finishes. To ensure delivery of Acoustic requirements, the Builder is to ensure adherence to the acoustic strategies incorporated within.
- Acoustic Wall Panelling
- Blinds & Curtains
- Door & Sundry Hardware
- Fixtures, Fittings, and Equipmen...
- Glazing, Glass Doors, & Film
- Operable Walls
- Partitions & Ceilings
- Pinboards & Whiteboards
- Workstations & Furniture
- Audiovisual Services
- Electrical Services
- Fire Services
- Hydraulic Services
- Mechanical Services
- Security Services